Summer School - Certified | Summer School Teaching positions | Garlough Environmental Magnet School (GEMS) | Available: 2022-2023 Summer | Closing: UNTIL FILLED
Position: 2023 STARS Summer Academy ESL Teacher
Location: Garlough Elementary School
Dates: July 5th – 27th, No Fridays, 7:45am – 1:45pm
Salary Range: $30.00 per hour
- Valid Minnesota teaching license
- Strong desire and skill to work with struggling students
- High level of organizational skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience teaching elementary school students
- Familiar with Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently or conversationally
- Provide individual and group instruction designed to meet individual students’ needs.
- Evaluate and monitors students’ progress and keeps accurate records.
- Create a safe and positive classroom environment for effective learning.
- Establish and maintain standards of student and classroom management required to achieve effective participation in all activities.
- Record and monitor student attendance.
- Communicate with parents or guardians as needed.
It is the policy, practice, and commitment of District 197 to provide equal employment opportunities for all people without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance, veteran status, or sexual orientation.