Essential Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Deliver direct & indirect speech/language services with a variety of disability areas.
- Serve as a case manager for students and children (ages Birth-3) with speech-language impairments.
- Conduct assessments, comprehensive report results, and follow Minnesota state criteria in area(s) of special education eligibility as well as mandated timelines.
- Implement the use of augmentative and assistive technology devices for communication that best meet the student’s need.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities in certification areas as directed by the supervisor.
- Must be able to work in team decision-making situations.
- Must communicate effectively with families, students, educators, and administrators regarding student programs and progress.
- Must possess ability to problem-solve.
- Must possess ability to lead teams and coordinate with others.
- Licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist by the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) or willing and able to apply for a PELSB Speech Language Pathologist license required
- Licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health as a Speech Pathologist strongly preferred
- Experience as a Speech Language Pathologist preferred but not required
- Experience working in a school or education setting preferred but not required
- Office, lifting, sitting, standing, pushing, pulling, keyboarding, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Application Deadline: until position is filled
Hiawatha Valley Education District provides special education services to 13 School Districts and 3 Charter Schools within five counties of southeast Minnesota: Fillmore, Houston, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona. Hiawatha Valley Education District also has one (1) Setting IV Behavior Programs that provide programming for students in grades K-12 with challenging behaviors currently receiving special education services. Along with the behavior program, Hiawatha Valley Education District provides programming for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Setting IV behavior program and Autism Spectrum Disorder program are located in Kellogg and Caledonia. Hiawatha Valley Education District is committed to providing the best services to staff, students, and member districts in southeast Minnesota. Come join our team to be a part of a great organization!