Responsibilities: Position provides speech and language services and support in the areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies. Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for which employed. Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the development of each student. The instructor will design, deliver and assess curriculum according to the district guidelines. The teacher must be willing to participate in building leadership activities and be a team player.
- Current MN Speech and Language Pathologist licensure required
- Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
1.0 FTE Northside Elementary School
Salary per 1.0 of district contract