Summer Services will take place July 10-July 21, 2023 (Monday-Friday) Student contact time will be 8-11am and teachers will have prep time built in around student contact time.
You will be able to indicate age level/location preferences for ESY during the application process.
Description: The Teacher develops material and lesson plans, conducts classroom instruction and evaluates and assess student performance. The incumbent meets with parents, interprets student progress, and informs parents/guardians about student strengths, weaknesses, and progress.
1. Plans instruction and other student support activities, including the establishment of overall goals and priorities, lesson plans, classroom activities (i.e., laboratory experiments, media presentations, etc.) and daily lesson plans, as applicable to the teacher’s particular assignment. Such plans should be consistent with the School District/department goals and objectives; should consider the needs and abilities of the students; and should incorporate basic components of lesson design, as appropriate. Reviews, selects, and modifies materials and resources consistent with instructional objectives and students’ participation so that lesson plans and instructional materials developed are consistent with School District/department goals and objectives.
2. Provides instruction to students in a manner which incorporates essential elements of instruction, i.e., teaching specific objectives, teaching at appropriate levels of difficulty, including methods of extending students’ thinking, uses techniques to monitor student progress and adjusts instruction accordingly, and correctly employs various principles of learning so that classroom instruction effectively meets the needs of students consistent with School District objectives.
3. Establishes behavior expectations and maintains student control in the classroom, on school premises, and/or in school activities by communicating expectations for appropriate behavior. Provides structure and consistency and encourages student responsibility, cooperation, and mutual respect in a manner consistent with School District policies and procedures and legal requirements so that the learning environment is successful.
4. Participates in parent/teacher conference. Maintains grade book to demonstrate student strengths, weaknesses, and/or problems that the student may be experiencing in the classroom so that parents are informed of student’s strengths, weaknesses, problems, and progress.
5. Collaborates with other professional staff regarding the needs of students by communicating accurately, preserving confidentiality of information, and sharing best teaching practices and new teaching techniques or procedures available so that effective professional work relationships properly meet the needs of students.
6. Develops student tests and evaluates results. Determines student grades for instructional units and reports grades to parents at School District assigned time.
7. Develops and maintains adequate knowledge of the subject(s) taught or support service rendered and demonstrates an understanding of how the subject(s) or support services fit into the overall School District and department philosophy, objectives, and curriculum in order to maintain professional competency in assigned subject matters.
8. Pursues professional development activities to broaden and deepen knowledge of content and teaching skills and continually identifies professional needs and develops strategies to meet these needs so that there is optimum professional growth and development of teaching skills.
9. Records and maintains proper records in order to provide accurate information.
10. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS degree.
2. Appropriate licensure for area of teaching.
3. Demonstrated teaching skills.
4. Good human relation skills.
5. Good communication skills.
Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of ISD728’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. ISD728 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.