Special Services Supervisor
Eden Prairie Schools is seeking a Special Services Supervisor to provide leadership in the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of specialized programming, including special education, Section 504, mental health, health services, social workers, school counselors, homeschool, homebound services, home-based services, and cultural liaisons.
Eden Prairie is a diverse school with over 1,400 employees serving approximately 9,000 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
Please see the attached job description for complete details of this position.
Special Services Supervisor – 7/1/2023 start date
Administrative Services Center
RATE OF PAY:
AST Level K / $102,934 – $117,434 depending on administrative experience and education level
DAYS PER YEAR:
260 days/year, 12 months/year
Please see the attached job description for more details about this position.
- Minnesota Special Education Administrative License and License from the PELSB in a special education field required.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a licensed professional working in the field of special education required and administrative experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MN laws/regulations that pertain to special education
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to evaluate staff competencies in the provision of instruction and related services
- Evidence of an understanding of the school culture and environment, and a commitment to carrying out the vision, mission, and belief statements of Eden Prairie Schools
- Knowledge of child development, developmental milestones, and parent/child interaction, learning theory
- Understanding of due process rights and procedural safeguards specific to MN Statutes and Federal law (IDEA) in special education and related services.
- Ability to complete data-based decision-making by utilizing a systematic approach to reporting and organizing information.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which will facilitate joint problem solving and innovative planning
- Understanding of principles which underlie the financing of education and special education in the state of Minnesota; and ability to project revenue and expenditure to facilitate program decision-making.
- Understand a variety of evidence based instructional strategies
- Knowledge of interagency collaboration and agreements
- Understanding of community resources and county social services.
- Understanding of rules and regulations related to special education, and best practices in instruction and conflict resolution.
- Understanding of parent involvement in program decision-making and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of state and federal special education rules, regulations and procedures
Applications Preferred by:
This position will remain open until filled; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications right away. Application review will begin on April 7, 2023 and continue until a candidate is hired or the posting closes
11 paid holidays/year
Life insurance fully paid by the employer for an amount equal to twice the employee’s annual salary
Long Term Disability Insurance
Long term disability fully paid by the employer.
Medical/hospitalization insurance with low premiums for single coverage; generous contributions provided by the employer towards family coverage premium.
Dental insurance is fully paid by the employer for single or family coverage.
14 days per year cumulative to 254 days
Tax Sheltered Annuity Matching Program
District TSA match up to 2.25% of employee’s base salary.
50% tuition for up to 3 credits per academic session for pre-approved coursework
*This is an unofficial summary of benefits. All items listed are conditioned by more extensive qualifying provisions as detailed in the employment agreement between AST and the Eden Prairie School District.
This position is part of the AST Unit of the Eden Prairie School District.
Please click this link to learn more about our district: http://www.edenpr.org
Please click the APPLY button above to begin your application for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.