DHS Special Education DCD Teacher
Position Description: Delano High School (DHS) is looking for a dedicated professional with a focus on individualized student achievement and reflective growth to assist our team as a special education teacher.
The teacher will serve as case manager and service provider working with students across disability categories in a setting I-III DCD environment. Courses taught will include functional academics, life skills and social skills.
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge and ability to tailor educational services to meet the unique needs of their students
- Foster and facilitate inclusive opportunities for all students
- Effective collaboration with special education teachers, general education teachers and related service providers
- Positive and proactive communication with parents
- Proactive positive behavioral support planning and implementation
- Efficient and accurate completion of due process paperwork (Delano Schools uses SPED Forms)
- Coordinate SPED services and evaluations with members of the Child Study Team
- Supervise and direct paraprofessionals
Licensure: Any K-12 special education certification, or the ability to obtain. Preference will be given to candidates with a special education license in Autism Spectrum Disorders, Developmental Cognitive Delay, ABS or multiple licensure areas.
Application Process: Applications should be submitted through AppliTrack by April 9, 2023 for full consideration by the hiring committee. http://www.delano.k12.mn.us/district/human-resources/job-postings
A copy of the Master Agreement between the Board and Delano Teachers’ Association can be found here: https://www.delano.k12.mn.us/docs/district/HR/Teachers_21_23_Master_Agreement_.pdf
For more information regarding this position, please contact Angie Lauderbaugh, Delano Special Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 763-972-3365 x 1908.
Delano Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer