The Shakopee School District is seeking 1.0 FTE, Center-Based Special Education Teachers serving students at the elementary and secondary levels for the 24-25 school year.
Responsible for delivering direct and indirect services to students with learning and/or social, emotional and behavioral needs; ability to monitor and document student progress; ability to develop/manage IEPs and facilitate team meetings; ability to oversee paraprofessionals and collaborate with families and other staff on services and strategies.
- MN teaching licensure in Special Education; the District may consider a Tier 1 or Tier 2 licensed candidate
- Experience working with a variety of disabilities and the ability to deliver specialized instruction to meet the individual needs of these students
- Preference to individuals with experience supporting students with EBD, ASD and/or OHD
- Training for the specific needs of the students in the program will be provided by the District
- Experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated instruction
- Strong classroom management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to build successful relationships with students, parents and staff
Physical ability to attend to personal care needs of students, if necessary. Classroom, office, lifting, pushing, pulling, standing, sitting, keyboarding, etc.
You must be a permanent employee of the district to use the internal application. Substitutes are not considered internal applicants and must complete the external application. Apply online at http://www.shakopee.k12.mn.us/ to this posting 5857.
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately and the positions are open until filled. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.