Hiawatha Valley Education District (HVED) provides special education services to 13 School Districts and 2 Charter Schools within five counties of southeast Minnesota: Fillmore, Houston, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona. HVED also has one (1) Setting IV Behavior Program that provides programming for students in grades K-12 with challenging behaviors currently receiving special education services. The Setting IV Behavior Program is located in Kellogg (SAIL). In addition, HVED provides programming for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (SPECTRUM). Our SPECTRUM program is located in Hokah, MN. HVED offers an Alternative Learning Center housed in MN College SE located in Winona, MN. HVED is committed to providing the best services to staff, students, and member districts in southeast Minnesota. Come join our team to be a part of a great organization!
Elementary Special Edutation Teacher
Location: Kellogg, MN
HVED is seeking one FTE talented and motivated full-time Special Education Teacher to work in the SAIL Program. The SAIL program is located in Kellogg, Minnesota and provides services and support to Kindergarten through High School students during the school day.
- Minnesota licensure in Special Education licensure preferred
- Successful experience as a Special Education Teacher required
- Experience and knowledge of writing, monitoring, and implementing IEPs strongly preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing a variety of behavior strategies and interventions for effective programming
- Maintain certification in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), training provided by the district
- Must possess the knowledge of MN standards and options for achieving those standards
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to parents, students, staff, and administrators
- Ability to work with a team of professionals to meet the needs of students
- Ability to collaborate with and provide direction to paraprofessionals
- Proficient in meeting deadlines and managing daily record keeping
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Accountable for facilitating learning, academic achievement and personal development by providing instruction to children and adolescents
- Conduct assessments as part of the special education evaluation process: academic, observations and Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Provide case management for students and maintain student records of services provided
- Participates in IEP and in-take meetings
- Utilizes technology to facilitate learning
- Understands and implements the varying learning styles and the needs of a diverse student population
- Develop and implement positive behavior and social skills curriculum
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Employment Start Date:
- SY 2023-2023
- Minimum travel requirements
- Office, lifting, sitting, standing, pushing, pulling, keyboarding, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate sudden jarring movement.
- Work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may require wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Locations are generally moderately noisy.
- Competitive salary and benefits package. Based on years of experience and credentials.
FLSA Status: Exempt