Special Education Paraprofessional
Location: Hokah, MN
Hiawatha Valley Education District is seeking a talented Special Education Paraprofessional for the ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) SPECTRUM Program, which is located in Hokah, MN. This position is full-time during the 9-month School Year.
EMPLOYMENT DATE: School Year 2023-2024
RATE OF PAY: $16.50 – $23.75 per hour. Benefits package available.
- High-school diploma or equivalent and meets Minnesota Certified ParaPro Assessment (provided by HVED), or Associates Degree or higher degree
- Certified in Safety Care (training provided)
- Experience working with students with behavioral needs
- Experience and skills in instructional role, use of technology, and interpersonal communications
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff, and/or parents verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with a team and take direction from supervising teacher
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Experience with Microsoft Office
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Assisting teachers in their teaching duties and other general responsibilities such as organizing teaching manuals, providing instructional support, rendering reinforcement activities, etc.
- Performing clerical tasks such as maintaining student attendance records, filing student information and progress reports, making copies, creating bulletin boards, etc.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher (e.g. reinforcement of IEP goals and objectives, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives and student participation
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom
- Collaborates with supervising teacher(s) or other staff as assigned for the purpose of communicating information, resolving issues, and providing services in compliance with established guidelines
- Monitors special education students (e.g. classroom, field trips, lunchroom, playground, during life enrichment activities, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment