SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL – part-time (5.5 hrs per day)
- Provide support for students in general education classrooms (e.g. clarify directions, model, redirect attention, modify and adapt assignments per teacher direction).
Supplement instructional activities under the direction of a special education teacher or related services provider. Work with individual students or small groups.
- Reinforce drill and review previously taught skills and monitor independent work completion.
Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Provide supervision to ensure safety for special education students during instructional periods, community activities, before school and at dismissal.
Assist students with and encourage independence in self help skills related to dressing, feeding, hygiene and toileting.
- Assist the student to develop independence in problem solving, making choices and task completion by allowing the child to function with as little intervention as possible.
Observe, record and chart information about student performance, behaviors and learning styles.
- Assist with and/or implement behavioral management and intervention plans under the direction of the special education teacher.
Assist teacher to safely lift and transfer students.
- Follow teacher instructions regarding the use of walkers, wheelchairs, standers and assistive technology equipment.
Employee is responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policies.