31.25 hrs per week | Mon-Fri | 7:30 am to 2:15 pm
Starting Wage: $18.30/hr, increases with experience + Benefits
Temporary position March 27th, 204 through May 3, 2024 but may end sooner
Join the Duluth Public Schools team, where we work to inspire every student to achieve their potential and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives.
Duluth Public Schools is seeking an individual to assist special education teachers with meeting the educational, emotional, and physical needs of special needs children and older students. Assists in guiding the student through various daily activities by utilizing a balanced approach to learning that supports age and grade appropriate behavior and thinking. Assists in implementing the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a teacher’s assistant in a teaching environment in or outside a school system or related childcare work
- 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits of college or a passing score on the ParaPro assessment
- Ability to work cooperatively with children and adults
- Ability to effectively communicate with, and establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents, staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to observe and record accurately
- Ability to understand and accurately correct student assignments
- Ability to meet federal/state guidelines (where appropriate) and/or to successfully complete specified in-service courses
- Demonstrated ability to work positively with students with disabilities and under the supervision of a special education teacher
Special Education Building Wide positions – can be assigned to work anywhere in the school/site building at the discretion of the principal. These positions are not specific to a program or a particular room. The para can be moved by the principal at any time during the day or school year.
In addition to rewarding career opportunities, Duluth Public Schools offers an excellent benefit package to employees who are hired into positions scheduled to work 24 hours/week or more. Benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
Medical/Prescription Drug Plan with Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of premium (FREE) + contributes $2,612.50 into HRA annually
- Family Coverage – District pays 75% of premium (25% employee contribution) + contributes $5,225.00 into HRA annually
- Single Coverage – District pays 100% of Basic premium (FREE)
- Family Coverage – District pays 25% of Premium
- District provides minimum of $50,000 of life insurance at no cost, employee may purchase supplemental life insurance
Long Term Disability
- District-provided at no cost to employee
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employees may elect to contribute on a pre-tax basis to Health Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- The District contributes 7.5% of your total salary in the Public Employees Retirement Association) pension plan.
- Employees may also elect to participate in Tax-Shelter Annuity options.
- Each bargaining unit contract defines time off provisions such as holidays, sick/personal leave, vacation, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resource at 218-336-8722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org