Thank you for your interest in Fridley Public Schools, an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools district. We are the only school district in Minnesota and one of few in the U.S. that offers the full IB Continuum to students in pre-K to grade 12. As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be an individual who firmly believes …
- In the value of diversity and inclusion in enriching the educational experience of all students.
- All students feel valued and have a sense of belonging.
- All learners have the right to a quality education.
- All learners have the ability to learn and attain self-fulfillment.
- All learners need the strategies and tools necessary to strive toward becoming responsible, independent and productive members of society.
Paraeducator position to work with students receiving Special Education services at Stevenson Elementary School beginning the 2023-2024 school year.
Schedule: 6.5 hours/day Monday – Friday, when school is in session
Essential Job Functions:
The Instructional Support Paraeducator is primarily engaged in direct interaction with one or more pupils for instructional activities according to district-approved curriculum and teacher-approved instructional plan for the student. Under the direction of the teacher, enhance academic instruction by explaining assignments and by providing extended practice or follow-up instruction.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to relate to and communicate with staff and students
- Patience and flexibility in working with special needs students
- Willingness to expand skills
- Ability to take direction of supervising teacher
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Ability to model and reinforce appropriate verbal and interpersonal behavior
? Salary/Rate – $16.21 – $18.57 per hour depending on previous paraeducator experience
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and use hands to grasp and feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fridley Public Schools recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our academic mission. Fridley Public Schools is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/fridley/onlineapp/
Attention Application Materials to: Veronica Mathison, Principal of Stevenson Elementary