Special education due process education assistant
Robbinsdale Transitions Center/Robbinsdale Academy/Robbinsdale Virtual Academy
Class 3D ($18.47 to $19.69 per hour plus benefits) based on the current salary schedule for education assistants
Seven hours per day, which includes 6.5 hours of paid work time and 30 minutes of unpaid lunch
177 days per school year
- Manage the electronic building special education calendar.
- Develop and maintain the Excel special education master caseload spreadsheet.
- Utilize the spreadsheet to regularly inform IEP managers of current status of caseload (time lines).
- Maintain special education files—
- Monitor file contents for appropriate content. Ensure inclusion of all due process documents. Maintain documents in chronological order.
- Monitor checkout procedures; maintain log of access.
- Prepare files for transition/matriculation to another program or building within the district.
- Send inactive files to district special education office and create pdf documents to send as necessary.
- Document information in the contact log.
- Assist building staff in acquiring school records for students new to the district, including current IEP; notice of district’s proposed action or denial (for IEP); most recent evaluation report and most recent progress report.
- Disseminate due process correspondence and paperwork following district’s Pupil Data Privacy regulations and procedures.
- Utilize a spreadsheet to monitor health-related IEP service for third party billing.
- Assist special education office to track and monitor permission forms.
- Notify staff to begin logging services.
- Collect necessary documentation monthly (completed and signed service logs, time samples for PCA, PCA service sheets and transportation forms) for billing.
- Forward completed documentation to special education office for processing.
- Participate in scheduled due process education assistant meetings and inservice training.
- Create electronic student file in Infinite Campus for students new to the district.
- Monitor student enrollment record for accuracy and complete verification tasks throughout the year.
- Collaborate with district support staff (due process facilitator, coordinator, assistant director) to ensure due process is complete.
- Perform other duties as assigned by team or supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Able to attend work regularly and report to work in a timely manner.
- Perform tasks and work with a variety of personnel from various disciplines including the business sector.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities and/or other human service experience.
- Able to communicate effectively within a team.
Apply on-line http://www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of District 281 core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District 281 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.