Paraprofessionals at Pipestone Area Schools are assigned specific duties to work with Special Education students and provide support to certified staff. This position is working in the Elementary School assisting students in need of academic support.
- High School Diploma; Post-secondary degree desired
- Para-pro training required for applicants without post-secondary degree
- Knowledgeable computer user; understanding of learning skills
- Solid communication skills
- Willingness to work with students with unique backgrounds and skills
- Team player and team-oriented thinker
- Work with teachers to provide supervision, guidance and support to specific student(s) within the context of the curriculum.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Participate in and attend professional meetings
- Practice and carry out rules and procedures as defined by the Pipestone Area School District.
- Support the Principal with supervision of students.
- Complete extra-duty as assigned
Paraprofessionals report to the building principal.
Paraprofessionals are compensated according to the current master agreement. Starting pay is $15.00 per hour.
Fill out online application.