• Work in the classroom to plan and implement developmentally and age-appropriate summer activities for school age children
• Supervise children in Kindergarten through Grade 5 using appropriate student and classroom management techniques.
• Provide a warm and welcoming environment for all students and their families.
• Maintain a clean and safe learning environment for students.
• Ability to set rules and expectations within the classroom.
• Fun, nurturing and caring. Organized and flexible. Experience with child care is appreciated.
• Two-years of college experience in a related field is preferred.
• First-aid and CPR certification preferred.
• Work experience with school age children ages 5-12.
• Experience preparing and serving snacks.
• Knowledge of the developmental needs for school age children.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members.
• Ability to self-direct and direct teaching assistants and high school staff within the classroom.
Hours: M-F 7.5-8 hours per day (Some flexibility is possible)
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
or www.orono.k12.mn.us >> District Office >> Human Resources
District Website: www.oronoschools.org
Ms. Katie Gram, Spartan Kids Site Coordinator
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Executive Director of Human Resources