Pipestone Area Schools is currently seeking a school social worker. We are looking for a compassionate, dedicated School Social Worker to assist in addressing the psychological and social well-being of our students. The School Social Worker’s responsibilities include providing information to students, parents, and school staff, counseling students with personal and psychological issues, and addressing relevant issues in the school, such as school attendance and social adjustment issues. The School Social Worker will work with students in one-on-one, classroom, or school-wide sessions. The successful social worker is dedicated to assisting students and knowledgeable of outside services.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree from an accredited college or university applicable to social worker assignment
- Holds or be eligible to obtain a Minnesota teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement
- Knowledge of current social worker methods and educational pedagogy.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding social work, school systems, and students.
- Possess a high level of organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Counseling students with personal and psychological issues that affect their performance, behavior, and socialization in school.
- Providing counseling sessions, treatment plans, or workshops as necessary and establishing prevention programs and intervention plans.
- Communicating with students to determine the areas in which they may need assistance or counseling.
- Assisting teachers and administrators with behavioral and attitude issues by communicating with students to find the causes of their distress.
- Assisting at-risk students or students with disabilities.
- Communicating with parents, teachers, and administrators to understand students’ challenges.
- Maintaining case files and reports to track students’ progress and problems.
- Helping students and families suffering from abuse, violence, hunger, or homelessness to access resources like shelters, food banks, and medical care.
- Providing crisis management services, including assessing for safety.
- Advocating for student services and students’ best interests.
- Providing case management services including, but not limited to, referrals to community resources, collaboration with other professionals.
- Conducting home visits.
- Willingness to be involved in other aspects of the Pipestone Area Schools culture and community.
- Team Player and team-oriented thinker.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our school’s mission of Inspire life-long learners. Build Character, and Prepare them for their Future.
Social Workers report to the building principal.
Opportunities for extra-curricular activities may be available and posted on the District website.
Certified staff are compensated according to the current master agreement.
Complete online application.
Pipestone Area Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“District and Community committed to working together to provide educational excellence and support our students for their future.”
Inspire life-long learners. Build Character. Prepare them for their future.