Rockford Area Schools is seeking a licensed LPN or RN to work approximately 7:45 AM – 3:00 PM on student school days at Rockford Area Schools. This position requires meeting the health needs of students according to district policies and school procedures under the guidance and direction of the Licensed School Nurse. Duties include:
- Promotes and protects the optimal health and safety of students.
- Works as a team with the Licensed School Nurse and staff to support the well-being of students.
- Administers necessary first aid and treatments in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assists in administration of medications in accordance with state law and district policy.
- Maintains and prepares necessary documentation and reporting, including immunization status, health office visits, and parent/staff communication.
- Maintains confidentiality and follows proper communication chains.
- Maintain certification in BLS/CPR and First Aid.
Education and Experience
- Certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse required.
- Knowledge of pediatric nursing care recommended but not required.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills required.
Rockford Area Schools