Community Education | School Age Child Care Workers | Orono Community Education | Available: ASAP | Closing: Open Until Filled
School Age Child Care Lead Teacher and Teacher Assistant Openings
- Work in the classroom to plan and implement developmentally and age-appropriate activities for school-age children.
- Supervise children in Kindergarten through Grade 5 using appropriate student and classroom management techniques.
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment for all students and their families.
- Maintain a clean and safe learning environment for students.
- Ability to set rules and expectations within the classroom.
- Support other staff in the classroom on a daily basis.
- Part-time positions available Monday – Friday from 7:00 – 9 am and 3:30 – 5:45 pm. Full days available on non – school days.
- Fun, nurturing and caring. Organized and flexible. Experience with childcare appreciated.
- Two years of college experience in a related field preferred.
- First aid and CPR certification preferred.
- Work experience with school age children ages 5 – 12.
- Experience preparing and serving snacks.
- Knowledge of the developmental needs for school age children.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members in the classroom.
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
District Website: www.oronoschools.org
Ms. Katie Gram, Spartan Kids Site Coordinator
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Executive Director of Human Resources