Position: SAC Support Paraprofessional
Location: Elementary School Locations
In addition to the positions listed below, we have positions available at all ISD 197 elementary schools with flexible hours between 2 pm – 6 pm and flexible days Monday – Friday.
Garlough Elementary – Monday- Friday, 2:00pm-5:30pm, 17.5 hours per week
Mendota Elementary -Monday – Friday, 2:00pm-5:30pm, 17.5 hours per week (2 openings)
Moreland Elementary – Monday – Friday, 1:45pm – 6:00pm, 21.25 hours per week
Moreland Elementary – Monday – Friday, 2:00pm-6:00pm, 20 hours per week (2 openings)
Somerset Elementary – Monday – Friday, 2:00pm – 6:00pm, 20 hours per week
Somerset Elementary – Monday-Friday, 2:00pm – 5:30pm, 17.5 hour per week
The Noreen Center – Gr 5-8 – Monday – Friday, 3:00-6:00pm, 15 hours per week (2 openings)
Float Sites vary Monday-Friday, 2:00pm-5:30pm, 17.5 hours per week
Salary Range: $15.92-17.51 per hour according to the 2021-2023 salary schedule for district paraprofessionals. These positions qualify for a grant-based stipend, which averages $2 per hour for all hours that you directly work with children.
These positions may be stacked with other paraprofessional positions in the district to be eligible for benefits.
Hours: This position will start on August 29, 2022. Applicants will be scheduled 8:00 am – 4:00pm, Aug. 29-Sept. 1 for training, September 6th is the first day that will be onsite with SAC participates.
Line of Supervision: School Age Care Coordinator, School Age Care Manager, School Age Care Inclusion Manager, and the School Age Care Site Supervisor(s)
Primary function: To assist the site supervisor(s) in providing a quality, age appropriate school age care program.
Qualifications: Interest in working with children, good communication skills, high degree of flexibility. Experience working with children of diverse economic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
Position Requirements Include:
- Assist in the implementation and preparation of curriculum and enrichment activities for students.
- Assist in guiding children’s behavior using a positive and consistent style
- Knowledge of and ability to implement emergency procedures.
- Participate with children in activities
- Assist in supervising field trips
- Assist in supervising children’s indoor and outdoor playtimes
- Work in groups to assist students with daily activities.
- Must be able to work non-school days.
- Enforce social distancing when required.
- Enforce children to wear masks when required.
- Enforce proper hand washing and sanitizing
- Ensure supplies and equipment are sanitized routinely
- CPR, First Aid, AED and CPI certified. (Preferred)
- Mandated Reporting training. (Preferred)
- Other duties as assigned by the site supervisor
- Frequent: standing, walking, swimming, lifting waist to chest; lifting below waist; carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting/pivoting, reaching, simple grasp, firm grasp, fine manipulation; feeling, talking, hearing & visual accommodation. Exposure to weather, daily, when supervising children outdoors, ability to walk two (2) miles on uneven terrain and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional: sitting, pushing, pulling, climbing, and crawling
- When required or mandated, wearing a face mask
It is the policy, practice, and commitment of District 197 to provide equal employment opportunities for all people without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance, veteran status, or sexual orientation.