1. 4-year baccalaureate degree
2. Minnesota Registered Nurse License
3. Minnesota License School Nurse preferred.
Job Duties and Requirements:
1. Provide assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for students with chronic and acute health conditions and/or disabilities in the special or general education setting. This may include student and parent interviews, staff consultations, referral and follow-up, health teaching and counseling concerning development and health issues related to successful student learning.
2. Provide direct professional nursing services such as first aid, illness and emergency care, medication administration, g-tube feedings, catheterizations etc.
3. Provide mental health support including intervention and/or referral to appropriate school staff or community agencies.
4. Participate in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations and medical conditions using District technology.
5. Delegate appropriate functions to health paraprofessionals as needed. Provides supervision for their direct and indirect care.
6. Enhance the educational process through modification or removal of health related barriers to learning and by promoting student wellness.
7. Perform mandated screening procedures for hearing and vision.
8. Advocate integration of District vision and policies into action plans.
9. Follow state and county guidelines for reporting contagious conditions and informing families and staff.
10. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Participate in community organizations and professional associations that relate to fostering student and families learning, health and development.
2. Attend and participate in local, regional, and state professional organizations and conferences related to student support services and school health programs in order to keep current relative to the field of school health, the district community, and the broader regional and state community.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Evidence of experience as PHN or LSN at elementary and/or secondary level with strong nursing skills preferred.
2. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
3. Evidence of skills and experience in working with medically dependent, medically fragile and medically complex students and their families.
4. Demonstrated knowledge in special education process and practice preferred.
$30.00 per hour
If you are currently available to be a reserve/sub nurse, please fill out the online application following the procedures listed below:
Please upload a letter of interest; resume; 3 letters of professional recommendation; transcripts; and Minnesota license information with your online application.
Annie Lumbar Bendson, Health Services Director