Farmington Area Public Schools, ISD 192, is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as Principal.
Assignment – Farmington High School
The District seeks a principal to serve as the chief strategic officer and instructional leader of the school to which the principal is assigned on an annual basis; responsible for the academic and social-emotional achievement of the learners and for their general well-being while in school; responsible for the school’s strategic direction, organization, administration and supervision. Principal must believe deeply in and advocate for equitable experiences that honor and celebrate diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Principal will foster programs and an environment that ensures the educational and personal growth and development of all learners to ensure student academic and personal success.
The District seeks a high school principal who has:
- Valid Minnesota Administrative credential.
- Minimum three years of administrative experience at the secondary level. Minimum five years of successful teaching experience.
- Experience which demonstrates successful leadership skills.
- Master’s degree (emphasis in Educational Leadership, Organizational Leadership or Curriculum and Instruction preferred).
- Strong experience in learning communities and response to intervention.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of modern education and ability to apply them to the needs of the school.
See complete job description for full set of qualifications and job responsibilities
Application and Selection Procedure:
Applications must be received no later than 3:30 pm on Tuesday, March 28, 2023 and include the following:
- Letter of interest
- Comprehensive resume
- Completed application
- Minimum three letters of recommendations/references
1st round of interviews are scheduled to take place on April 12, 2023
Finalist interviews are scheduled to take place on April 17, 2023