Please review complete job description attached to this posting for detailed Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develop, communicate, and champion a compelling vision for academic success, educational excellence, and the overall mission of the school.
- Provide instructional leadership by overseeing curriculum implementation, assessment strategies, and the implementation of innovative teaching methodologies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, data-driven decision-making, and high expectations for student achievement.
- Ensures best practice instructional strategies are utilized to support student learning
- Responsible for implementing and sustaining a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) to respond to individual student needs
- Ensures students have opportunities to explore post secondary opportunities including, but not limited to careers, college, technical education, and the workforce
- Ensure a comprehensive extracurricular program is in place to foster student leadership in the areas of the arts, music, athletics, and other areas of student interest.
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive school improvement plan that aligns with the ISD 728’s strategic plan.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to set strategic priorities, allocate resources effectively, and track progress toward key objectives.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the school, including budget management, facilities, and staff supervision.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure a safe, orderly, and conducive learning environment.
- Manages school safety and security processes including crisis management procedures.
- Collaborate with administrative staff to address logistical and organizational needs.
- Recruit, hire, and retain qualified and dedicated teachers and support staff.
- Provide professional development opportunities to enhance the skills and effectiveness of the school’s faculty and staff.
- Foster a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Supervises athletic events, evening school functions, and attends school-related community events.
- Ensures a crisis management plan is in place and is in alignment with best practices
- Collaborates with teachers, counselors, and special education staff to identify and address the unique needs of individual students.Develops and oversees programs that promote student engagement, motivation, and positive behavior.
- Implements and monitors initiatives to enhance student attendance and punctuality.
- Works closely with the counseling department to provide guidance and resources for college and career readiness.
- Fosters a safe and inclusive school environment by addressing issues related to bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
- Implements and supports conflict resolution strategies to maintain a positive school climate.
- Regularly communicates with parents regarding student progress, behavior, and overall well-being.
- Leads or supports initiatives that promote a sense of belonging and inclusivity among diverse student populations.
- Stays informed about current trends and research in education and student development to continuously improve support services.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services.
- MA plus forty-five (45) credits in school administration or Ed.S. or doctorate in school administration. Doctorate in Education preferred. secondary Education or related field.
- Highly-developed and effective leadership and team management skills, including problem solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and communication skills, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Ability to work with parents, community groups and diverse local, regional, and state agencies.
- Understanding of evidence-based instructional practices and curriculum resource needs in special education.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws and rules related to programs and services of the department, and ability to translate laws and rules into plans of action.
- Ability to plan and carry out long-range planning for professional learning and program development.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of budgeting and revenue sources and ability to recommend and adhere to budgets based on District needs.
- Experience with special education, Section 504, and health services.
- Managerial skills including planning, budgeting, problem solving, conflict resolution, organization and leadership.
- Proficient in human relations and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise and give work direction to others.
- Strong background in instructional best practices.
- Previous experience as a high school principal preferred
$132,250 – $153,277
Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of ISD728’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. ISD728 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.