Thief River Falls Public Schools has an opening for a Physical Education/Health Teacher at Lincoln School beginning in the 2023-2024 school year. This position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that fosters, promotes, and develops an understanding of the relationship between healthy body functions and exercise. Come join our team, where you will work with other talented faculty and staff. TRF Schools values educators who display a willingness to grow professionally, to be active members of our learning community, and to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
Coaching/advising opportunities are available, and we encourage applicants to participate in these opportunities.
- Teach physical education to include strength training to high school students;
- Develop and administer high school physical education curriculum which includes overseeing a strength training program that is consistent with district goals and objectives;
- Conduct ongoing observation and assessment of student learning and modify instructional methods appropriately;
- Maintain a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading and reporting requirements;
- Work with all staff in supporting student success.
- Proper MN licensure (as defined by PELSB)
- Experience with coaching and strength training programs preferred
- Successful prior physical education teaching experience in grades 9-12 preferred
Salary and Benefits: Per Negotiated Contract