Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students’ physical skills and abilities, strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop students’ understanding of the importance of exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, hygiene, and good health.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current physical education instructional methods, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding education and students, as well as relating to health education.
- Knowledge of physiology, health and nutrition, biology and biological functions, anatomy, hygiene, exercise, and best ways to promote physical and mental well-being.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- Minnesota State Certification as a Physical Education Teacher.
- Minnesota State Certification as a Health Teacher
- Minnesota State Certification as a DAPE Teacher Preferred but not required.
- Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
Numerous openings for the 2023-24 school year
FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Worthington School District to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.