Location: Pine Meadow Primary School
Sartell-St. Stephen School District
Hours: 7:20am – 2:20pm (6.5 hrs/day)
Contract Days: Student School Days
Special Education Paraprofessionals provide assistance, under classroom teacher direction, to students identified with special needs by helping them stay on task, complete assignments, maintain acceptable behavior, and function in daily living and job skills.
Duties may include:
1. Implement classroom adaptations as specified by a student’s Individual Educational Plan (IEP) while working closely with Special Education staff. Maintains confidentiality of all protected information.
2. Assist student(s) with special needs with instruction in basic skills, social skills and routine assistance for students who need support with managing extreme behaviors, toileting, hygiene, medical and mobility needs.
3. Assist students with various organizational skills, such as keeping subject materials organized, homework assignments, lockers and daily check-in/out. Some positions may require transportation of students to job/volunteer sites for occupational/ job skill building as stated in the IEP.
4. Supervise special education student(s) to ensure safety.
5. Assist with collecting and monitoring of student progress data.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. A copy of the job description is attached.
1. High School diploma
2. Acceptance of students’ disabilities and limitations.
3. Must be able to lift, pull, or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
4. Accepts direction from supervising teacher(s) and is willing to work as a team.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Based on the Paraprofessional Agreement salary schedule Level IV, Step 1 at $17.34/hr.
Final job offer is contingent upon an approved criminal background check and board approval.