DESCRIPTION: Onamia Public Schools – Onamia Academy School Program (OA) is seeking a dynamic and highly energetic individual for the position of Paraprofessional. A Paraprofessional assists teachers and administration and helps students with academic, social, and/or behavioral needs.
- Proficient in keyboarding and use of computers;
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills;
- Capable of assisting and adapting learning opportunities to meet the needs of students;
- Capable of working cooperatively and congenially with other employees and supervisors;
- Able to accurately, confidentially and securely maintain and/or store records, documents, files and other information;
- Has a flexible and positive attitude; and
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Onamia Academy School is a care and treatment setting placed in a residential treatment facility for young males and is a public school as part of the Onamia School District. The Onamia School District is located along the south shore of beautiful Lake Mille Lacs and is one and a half hours north of Minneapolis on Highway 169.
REQUIREMENTS: Must hold AA degree or pass local standardized testing. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
HOURS: 6.5 hours per day on student contact days and occasional required professional development days
SALARY: Per Master Agreement
SUBMIT ON-LINE APPLICATION: www.onamia.k12.mn.us
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled