Cologne Academy (Kindergarten – 8th Grade Public School) – Cologne, MN is located in Carver County and currently enrolls approximately 650 students. Cologne Academy offers
its students an enriched learning experience through the Core Knowledge curriculum and an indiiducatlized approach to learning. Cologne Academy seeks professional educators
who are passionate about contributing to its mission and vision that focuses on academics and character deelopment.
Cologne Academy seeks Special Education Para Professional.
Employment with Cologne Academy offers teamwork, challenges and room to grow. We believe that excellent staff are critical to the success of all students. We are committed to
creating a high performance work environment with continuous professional growth in support of rigorous academic growth for all students.
Special Education Paraprofessionals provide assistance, under classroom teacher direction, to students identified with special needs by helping them stay on task, complete assignments,
maintain acceptable behavior, and function in daily living and job skills.
Duties may include:
1. Implement classroom adaptations as specified by a student’s Individual Educational Plan (IEP) while working closely with Special Education staff. Maintains confidentiality of all
2. Assist student(s) with special needs with instruction in basic skills, social skills and routine assistance for students who need support with managing extreme behaviors, toileting,
hygiene, medical and mobility needs.
3. Assist students with various organizational skills, such as keeping subject materials organized, homework assignments, lockers and daily check-in/out.
4. Supervise special education student(s) to ensure safety.
5. Assist with collecting and monitoring of student progress data.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
1. High School diploma
2. Acceptance of students’ disabilities and limitations.
3. Must be able to lift, pull, or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
4. Accepts direction from supervising teacher(s) and is willing to work as a team.
Apply online under the employment tab at www.cologneacademy.org