Aurora Charter School
The mission of Aurora Charter School is to operate a center of learning that embraces academic excellence and celebrates the gift of Latino culture.
Our unique dual language program is designed around the three pillars of dual language education; Bilingualism and Biltieracy, High academic achievement, and socio-cultural competence. We strive to ensure that each child develops strong biliteracy skills, achieves at their highest potential, and develops a socio-cultural competence that helps them develop into noble citizens of our community.
A On-Call Substitute would primarily serve as an on-call/daily substitute with the possibility of working part-time as help is needed with grades from Prek-8th grade. This position requires someone who is bilingual, fluent in Spanish.
Essential Job Functions
– Operate equipment such as computers or audio-visual aids to supplement presentations.
– Supervise school or student activities
– Assist students during arrival and/or dismissal times
– Enforce school and class rules to maintain order in the classroom.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish
– Prior experience working with children desirable.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt