Objective: The building nurse provides practical nursing expertise to support the educational progress of all children. The building nurse will monitor health paraprofessionals, facilitate the school district’s compliance with State and Federal mandates related to health, serve as a resource to educational staff, and support and maintain a high level of wellness for the entire school population under the supervision of the Licensed School Nurse (LSN).
- Administers appropriate first aid and emergency care to students and staff, follows-up with parents and school staff.
- Monitors and refers students with immediate and chronic health problems.
- Identifies health problems of students through health appraisals, health histories, records and screening programs and confers with LSN for plan of care.
- Serves as a resource to classroom teachers.
- Carries out health instruction as requested by building principal or classroom teacher and under the direction of the LSN.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Questions about this position? Reach out to Karen Lerfald, Director of Special Services.