Position: Next Step Activity Leader (Multiple Positions)
Work Schedule: Average event time is 2-4 hours; some events may be up to 7 hours and may include afternoon, evening or weekend hours.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Summary: Leaders will be hired per event. Assist students in planning, organizing and carrying out leisure activities by going through the necessary steps to plan an event (i.e. phone calls to possible venues, permission slips, time frames, costs, transportation. etc). Activities will be for students with disabilities aged 18-21.
1. Experience working with students at The Next Step Transition Program.
2. Good organizational and communication skills.
3. Certification of successful completion of van training through 622 Transportation Department.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. No teaching licence required for these positions.
1. Expereince working with individuals with disabilities.
2. Experience providing personal care to individuals with disabilities.
3. Experience or training in behavior management pertaining to young adults with disabilities.
Application Procedure: Apply online at www.isd622.org/employment
ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.