Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,000 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Spring Lake Park Schools Theater Choreographer for Middle School, and High School
Key duties include:
· Design and choreograph large group and small group numbers.
· Develop and help grow an appreciation and enthusiasm for musical theater in students
· Assist in casting for musical, including recruitment and auditions of students.
· Develops cast list with production team
· Responsible for student management
· Seeks opportunities for student and community engagement
· Develops effective and efficient rehearsal schedules
· Works with internal and external partners
· Responsible for leading small and group rehearsals
· You must have the ability to work under pressure.
· You must be adaptable and recognized as a good communicator.
Schedule three productions:
Middle School: Mid January-March 2, 2023
High School: Mid February-April 21, 2023
Recruitment, Auditions & Casting typically occurs in Winter
Rehearsals after school.
Production Meetings weekly or as needed
Salary Range: Based on experience, skills and production team roles/responsibilities. Highly competitive salary for the region
How to Apply
Application deadline is ASAP or position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Ryan Julien, Theater Manager, at email@example.com or (763) 600-5295.
Spring Lake Park High School has a long history of excellent theater productions, we are looking for an individual to continue our expectation of excellence. Performing Arts are an integral part of Spring Lake Park’s core values and culture of the school. Strong candidates would have a passion for musical theater, have had experience choreographing youth productions and/or dance groups, demonstrates flexibility to work with varying ages and abilities, and creativity to meet each student’s need. Spring Lake Park is looking to fill this position immediately.