Program runs April-May for 8 weeks, after school 2 days/week
$19.99 per hour
Primary Job Function:
To provide support, guidance and supervision to elementary age female participants, lead activities and instruct in a positive and energetic manner. Instructor will engage participants in physical exercises, including training for a 5K run. More Than Pink inspires girls to stay true to themselves and live free from societal stereotypes. This 8-week program empowers girls to be strong inside and out by combining training for a 5K run with lessons that empower girls to celebrate their bodies, honor their voices, and embrace their gifts. No prior running experience is necessary; all athletic types are welcome.
- Plan and carry out age-appropriate activities consistent with the More Than Pink curriculum which is provided.
- Manage classroom and outdoor/indoor exercises. Participate in all exercises and 5K.
- Provide a safe, caring, fun environment for children.
- Engage participants in discussions regarding topics including social issues, body changes, confidence building and relationships.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Preferred: B.A. or B.S. degree in education, child development, recreation, or a related field
- Evidence of successful experience working with elementary school aged students
- Evidence of successful program leadership
- Evidence of positive interpersonal skills; ability to relate well to children and adults
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven record of punctuality and responsibility.