Posting # 3957
Location: Family Center
Dates: Starting spring 2023
- Spring Monday – Friday; 3:15pm – 5:30pm
- Summer TBD
Pay: $11.00 / hour
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Kari Sawyer, Early Childhood Coordinator, email@example.com, 763-528-4518.
Interested applicants should complete the online application at www.colheights.k12.mn.us
Interviews will be scheduled at the request of the School District.
Major Responsibilities: Performs human support work assisting Mini Adventures Child Care Assistants and Supervisors in activities, communicating with and for children ages three to five years, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the close supervision of the Mini Adventures Child Care Supervisors.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with activities for children ages three to five years.
- Aides in communication between children and staff.
- Assists in providing a varied and interesting environment; provides and maintains supplies for activities.
- Aides children with questions and inquiries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of childcare practices and techniques; some knowledge of health, safety and first aid practices, methods, and techniques; ability to work with children; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, staff, and students.
Education and Experience
Less than High School diploma or GED, with conditions indicated below in the Special Requirements section.
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work frequently speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel and occasionally requires standing, walking, sitting, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
- Must enjoy working, watching, and interacting with children ages three to five years.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must be in good academic standing if a student.
- Must complete a DHS required background study.