Inver Grove Heights Schools is a thriving and growing district with nearly 4,000 pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in six schools. Our mission is to inspire students, innovate in its programming, and help students excel and make a positive impact on our community.
We are committed to build core life skills into student daily learning and use Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to develop students personally as well as academically. We are proud to have a school system that is competitive in academic test scores and known for being student-focused.
“ISD 199 is large enough to offer excellent opportunities to students while being small enough to feel like a family.” Elementary Teacher
This is a full time, long term substitute position as a media technology paraprofessional working at Salem Hills Elementary School. The position is a 7 hour shift when school is in session. Available on April, 3, 2023 through June 8, 2023.
• A high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
– Two years of post-secondary coursework (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an accredited institution, or
– Passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment. (For more information, contact Human Resources at 651-306-7824)
• Ability to interact effectively with students and staff members
• Knowledge and skill in computer technology, audio/visual, and library media systems
• Working knowledge in selecting cognitively appropriate resource materials
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Experience and background in classroom technology integration
• Ability to assist in budget management
• Ability to perform job assignments and projects accurately and independently
• Capable of working cooperatively and congenially with other employees, supervisors, parents and students.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
• Assist professional staff in the research, ordering, processing, and maintaining of media and technology services acquisitions.
• Assist professional staff in the supervision, instruction, and assessment of students as it relates to media and technology services areas.
• Train and assist teachers and students in the processes of media circulation, check-out, check-in.
• Assist in the scheduling and coordination of building technology resources including: computer labs, mobile labs, and shared audio-visual aids.
• Assist professional staff in the management of reading incentive programs.
• Assist professional staff in the management of budget, and preparation for ordering supplies and resource materials.
• Assist staff and students with general reference questions, including assisting with Internet and other educational technology issues.
• Assist staff and students with computer troubleshooting when appropriate, escalate and coordinate with Technology Department staff to resolve issues.
• Assist in the set-up and preparation of computer labs for learning and assessment.
• Assist professional staff in keeping the library and general check-out computer labs as vibrant and effective learning areas.
• Assist professional staff in organization and maintenance of collections for efficient use.
• Maintain and upgrade technical skills as needed or assigned.
• Manage and maintain Catalog, Circulation, Patron and Report systems for media, AV, and technology resources.
• Prepare overdue notices, and collect overdue or lost material fines.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The hourly rate is $20.56-$21.72. Paraprofessionals work during the school day when students are present. Insurance benefits are available to full time staff and part time staff who work at least twenty hours per week.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools offers a competitive and comprehensive paraprofessional salary and benefit package. For more information, view Paraprofessional Labor Agreement at https://www.shorturl.at/alpO6.
Apply today and view all career opportunities at https://www.isd199.org/careers/open.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.