Start Date: August 11, 2023
Position Description 0.5 FTE Mathematics
- Teach the approved curriculum of the school and appropriate content standards of the State of Minnesota.
- Apply knowledge of subject matter, classroom management techniques, current research-based best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and emotional to teaching.
- Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs and abilities of the students.
- Acquire an understanding of the school’s improvement plan and goals, particularly for student achievement. Work to support and achieve those goals.
- Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team, and individual professional development. Be open and responsive to feedback to improve teaching and increase student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid State of Minnesota teaching license.
- Ability and skills to relate to students and be sensitive to their needs, to provide a positive behavioral atmosphere for students, to work cooperatively with individuals and teams, the willingness to use technology as part of curriculum and excellent communication skills with students, staff and parents.
Position Description 0.5 Arts (theatre, musical theatre, dance, instrumental music, vocal arts, visual arts or creative writing)
Our mission is to provide the highest caliber of academic and artistic education for aspiring pre-professional artists and to fully prepare students for college and conservatory. The overall goal is to provide authentic arts training utilizing the conservatory model. To accomplish this, three hours each day are devoted to conservatory style training, all arts teachers are professional artists, and professional training and performance spaces are used to the extent possible.
SPCPA is a unique school where all arts instructors are working professional artists teaching part time. Note: Professional arts experience is required for this position.
Please complete the following application and include:
- Letter of interest
- Professional resume
- Teaching resume (if applicable)
- References (three or more)
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits for 0.75 FTE and above
- No phone calls, please
- Please apply via the red “Apply” button in the top right corner of the Applitrack job posting page
- Applications accepted until filled.
Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Imagine a high school unlike any other ….
Pre-professional performing arts training completely guided by current working professional artists
Demanding college preparatory academic coursework taught by traditionally licensed instructors
Available for free to all who have a passion for the performing arts
* Students choose to come to SPCPA from over 125 different zip codes
* There is no audition, students are leveled by technical ability in arts classes
* The academic program offers honors and on-level classes, College in the Schools, and AP
* Extracurricular activities are limited
* Students who attend SPCPA are treated as if they ALL will eventually become professional actors, dancers, singers, and musicians AND attend college or conservatory.
SPCPA’s VISION is to deliver a high-end, high-bar, conservatory-style/college-prep program to students across the vastest imaginable range of skill levels and backgrounds. Therefore, we entrust our academic faculty to understand our unique student population and encourage wholehearted support of our school’s values.
What do we believe? Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists values…
– preparing students for college and trains them as future practitioners of the arts.
– stimulating and sustaining interest in arts and academics as a source of truth and insight into the human condition.
– constructing a creative environment where risks may be safely taken and where creators take responsibility for our vision.
– encouraging students to use their physical, sensory, and intellectual potential to explore ideas and raise questions.
– honoring individual discovery within a collaborative spirit.