Position: Math Teacher at Rockford Middle School’s Center for Environmental Studies
Start Date: August 2023
Rockford Middle School’s Center for Environmental Studies is seeking a passionate math educator to promote problem solving, critcial thinking, evidence based communication and inquiry skills with our students. As a STEM Magnet school with an environmental focus our building has many unique opportunties to integrate curriculum on site including a greenhouse, MN DNR school forest, four outdoor classrooms, 1.25 acres of prairie, two grape vines, 16 community garden beds, rain garden, and one of the first snow gardens in the state. Our class sizes usually range between 26-28 students and we believe in relationship driven teaching that meets students where they are at to support them in developing the social emotional and academic skills to meet their potential.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials providing effective teaching strategies adhering to the district’s philosophy and vision.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences in a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Creates a classroom environment that responds to the needs of individual learners; recognizes learning problems and makes referrals as appropriate; works cooperatively with parents and staff members to reinforce the educational program for each student.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and appropriate techniques; establishes and maintains student control and discipline by communicating expectations of appropriate behavior; implements a classroom structure that encourages student responsibility, cooperation and mutual respect consistent with district policy.
- Collaborates with other educational professionals and administrators regarding the needs of students and trends in education; serves on district committees, task forces, administrative or. IEP meetings to provide assistance in curriculum development.
- Evaluates accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods; provides progress and interim reports for feedback; prepares for and conducts parent-teacher conferences to discuss student progress, problems, strengths or concerns.
- Maintains the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics and state and federal law.
- Protects students, equipment, material and facilities taking necessary and reasonable precautions,
Math Licensure preferred, but Elementary Education Licensures with an interest in teaching math are encouraged to apply.
Rockford Area Schools A Tradition of Excellence one Student at a Time!