Position Available February 2024
POSITION SUMMARY: The School Psychologist position at Windom Schools will be a comprehensive experience including opportunities for assessment, collaboration and consultation, intervention and prevention, and research and program planning. All NASP domains will be addressed through this well-rounded experience. This position will have an office on campus and a licensed, experienced School Psychologist who will provide on-site mentoring.
Windom Area Schools is an amazing School district located in southwestern Minnesota. We have about 1200 students PreK-12 and pride ourselves in being an innovative district. We are a rural district, but as our community becomes increasingly diverse, we are excited to have the opportunity to find new ways to meet the needs of our growing student body. Current initiatives that an intern would have the opportunity to work with include incorporating trauma-responsive practices throughout the district, establishing an effective MTSS framework, and developing SEL supports and AVID programming. Our Elementary School is a 2019 Minnesota School of Excellence, and the Middle High School has recently been certified as an AVID Site. Only an hour from Mankato and 90 minutes from Sioux Falls, our district and community have great things to offer!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct multi-method and multi-source psychoeducational evaluations and reevaluations as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Utilize professional standards for writing reports of evaluation results
- Interpret and explain assessment results in a format understood by educators and parents while providing relevant recommendations, strategies, and resources based on results
- Attend evaluation team meetings and actively participate as a member of individual students’ multidisciplinary teams
Collaboration and Consultation
- Collaborate with teachers and parents to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems
- Strengthen working relationships between educators, parents, and community services and help others understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior
- Participate as a member of school educational planning teams and building based problem-solving teams to develop assistance for at-risk students
Intervention and Prevention
- Work both directly and indirectly with students, teachers, and parents to help resolve problems in behavior and learning
- Develop appropriate interventions and strategies to assist individual students in academic growth and school adjustment
- Provide short-term group or individual counseling to resolve problems that interfere with school performance
- Utilize knowledge of behavioral principles to develop and assist in the implementation of specific behavioral management plans for individual students, classrooms, and schools
- Provide training and assistance in intervention techniques and strategies designed to improve student success in the school setting
Research and Planning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of academic intervention programs and behavior management programs
- Use evidence-based research to develop and/or recommend effective interventions
- Identify, implement, and evaluate programs and strategies to improve student learning and behavior
Professional Practice and Development
- Apply ethical standards of professional practice to the delivery of school psychological services
- Observe state laws and Cooperative policies/procedures to govern practice
- Participate in professional growth and development activities to continually improve professional knowledge and skills
Provide evidence of completion of a master’s degree, or equivalent, in a school psychology program. Candidate must also provide verification of completion of two or more years of preparation in the licensure program as a school psychologist AND be enrolled in a school psychologist program.
Terms of Employment: Salary based on the teacher’s contact and benefits. The term of employment is 184 school days.
Please complete the application process online www.windom.k12.mn.us under Employment and include a cover letter, resume, and 2 letters of recommendation.
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Anderson at email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Open Until Filled