Job summary: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Provide professional nursing to support the educational progress of students with chronic and temporary health conditions. Provide emergency care for sick or injured students. Assess the health status of students and school personnel; advise students, parents and staff regarding health issues and conduct preventive and health education services.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Administer medication and/or specialized health care treatments to students as directed by physicans and authorized by parents or guardians.
- Follow protocols, procedures and written care plans to administer medications, nursing care procedures, and episodic care under the delegation and guidance of the RN/LSN.
- Monitor health status of students and performs first aid, emergency care and other illness interventions per district protocols, monitoring vital signs and nursing observation skills. The LPN will consult and communicate with the delegating RN/LSN and obtain direction from the RN/LSN regarding questions that fall outside the scope of the LPN practice.
- Follow the individual emergency plan or IHP.
- Immediately reports any injuries or 911 calls to the supervising RN/LSN and records information for accident report.
- Conduct vision and hearing screenings. Facilitate referrals to health care agencies or facilities when requested under the direction of the RN.
- Monitor student health and obtain immunization records to prevent and control communicable disease. Report annually to State Dept for students K-12.
- Excuse or re-admit students for health reasons in accordance with districts protocols, building procedures and state and county health department exclusion guidelines under the direction and consultative advise of the RN.
- Provide ongoing observation and feedback on student health status to the RN/LSN.
- Establish and maintain a student health record that contains the health status of the student, a record of immunizations, history of physical and other health conditions that may affect the education of the student.
- Order and maintain adequate first aid and health care supplies.
- Acts as a resource person for health education materials and promote a healthy school environment.
- Refers health education requests to the RN/LSN.
- Identifies names of students to RN/LSN that needs assessment for health education/counseling.
Minimum Qualifications include: Must be a licensed practical nurse currently licensed in the State of Minnesota
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Basic first aid and health screening
- Ability to communicate and foster positive working relationships with students, parents and staff
- Organization, confidence, patience, understanding, teamwork.
- Current CPR
- Basic Computer skills.
Salary: View salary grid on Page 7, Section 2 of the Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses contract
Work schedule: Full-time, school year, 35 hours per week
Bargaining Unit: Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.