30 weekly hours (4-5 days per week) for 12 months per year
$23.27 minimum hourly rate
Benefit eligible position.
1. Data Management
Collect and manage data for over 1,300 students enrolled in Explorers childcare including daily student schedules, non-school days, and summer, as well as family and student information, emergency
contact information, health and medication data, custody arrangements, contract changes, and additional fees and discounts.
Assess late pick up fees. Track instances of late pick ups and follow through with families per program guidelines. Process adjustments and other fees to accounts. Process refunds, adjustments, and
miscellaneous fees. Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls. Maintain privacy and confidentiality. Coordinate with Account Manager to ensure accurate credit card charges. Provide backup assistance in processing payments and credit card charges.
3. Customer Service
Act as first point of contact with new families to Explorers. Provide a welcoming climate; provide information about all program options and policies. Help families determine the best program options for their child(ren). Guide them through the enrollment process. Answer questions, provide information, address concerns and resolve problems for topics such as fees, invoices, schedule changes, contract changes, and individual concerns of parents. Interpret and communicate policies/procedures to parents.
4. Special Projects
Available to assist staff with various projects under the direction of the assistant director or program managers. Available to assist in the classroom at the beginning of the year when extra staff are needed. Support special events for MCE by keeping this day as a work day on your calendar: Youth Triathlon and Tour de Tonka.
5. Other Duties
Provide direction to other clerical and program staff when assistance is needed on projects and tasks. Communicate with other staff to collect and share information. Cooperate as a team member to provide the highest level of customer service. Handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and the highest level of professionalism and in compliance with Data Privacy policies. Maintain a positive, cooperative working relationship with all team members, elementary and preschool office staff, and District departments. Assist in the organization and maintenance of student files prior to the start of each program year. Assist Program Manager in the clerical function associated with staff hiring including scheduling, meeting room reservations and material preparation. Other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Explorers programs, procedures and guidelines. Knowledge of Community Education and District programs, policies, and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in relational databases and web-based registration systems.
- Working knowledge in computer programs: Word, Excel, Access, Skyward, Google Docs, Outlook & Internet Explorer; ability to learn other systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to type 50 wpm.
- Excellent human relations skills with the ability to mediate and problem-solve when working with parents and staff.
- Ability to initiate and implement projects without daily supervision; ability to manage, plan, and anticipate work on an independent basis.
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, and problem solve in various situations. Evidence of good judgment and independent thinking.
- Ability to work under strict timelines and pressure while managing projects simultaneously with numerous interruptions.
- Excellent communication skill, both written and oral.
- Excellent human relations skills; ability to work with people in a professional and personable manner.
- Ability to promote program objectives; to be informative, consistent and persistent when addressing concerns while interpreting guidelines and District policy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and observe data privacy; evidence of sensitivity and understanding when dealing with individual financial and custodial issues.