Position Title: Learn To Swim Instructor & Lifeguard
Learn to Swim Instructors & Lifeguards are primarily responsible for providing appropriate swim instruction to children and adults of all ages and abilities. Instructors enforce facility rules and regulations and educate patrons about them.
- Current (or willing to obtain) Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current (or willing to obtain) Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certification
- Experience swimming the four main swin strokes (Freestyle, Backstroke, Breastsroke, Butterfly)
- Must be 15 years of age
New Instructors will be required to attend a Westonka Swim Academy and shadow a Swim Instructor for approximately 6- 10 hours prior to teaching. During this time new instructors will shadow experienced instructors’ classes and gain valuable knowledge and teaching skills before teaching classes on their own. During the Swim Academy instructors will learn communication skills for kids and parents, as well as best practice teaching swimming and safety skills. Once hired staff will also be required to attend periodic training and in-services throughout the session.
- Provide appropriate swim instruction to children and adults of all ages and abilities
- Supervise and maintain a safe environment around the pool
- Enforce facility rules and regulations and educate patrons about them
- Keep pool deck clear of equipment and return equipment to its proper place
- Attend all orientation meetings relating to the program
- Keep adequate records and progress reports during and at the conclusion of each session
- Assure that all equipment and supplies distributed are maintained and returned in good condition
- Demonstrate by example a proper role model for youth
- Be knowledgeable of all accident and emergency procedures
- Assure that all facility/grounds are left as they were found
- Improve the quality of the program
- Promote the program
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Aquatics Coordinator
The position will be compensated at $14.00-$17.22 per hour depending on qualifications and prior experience.
Dates of Service:
For more information or to apply, contact
Westonka Aquatics Coordinator