The Brooklyn Center Community Schools (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our Brooklyn Center Elementary Teaching Team as a kindergarten teacher through the end of this school year. BCCS Elementary Teachers perform difficult professional work teaching a broad range of subjects or specialized subject matter(s), teaching special needs students, motivating students to achieve maximum potential, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the Principal.
BCCS is looking for applicants driven to uphold our Mission: To become a justice-center school community who fuels the unique genius of each student.
BCCS Core Values – Written on a foundation of student voice, our district core values communicate the culture and character of Brooklyn Center Community Schools.
We stand front and center
We demonstrate passion, pride, and perseverance
We acknowledge and disrupt oppressive systems
Our diversity fuels learning
We fiercely lead in justice-centered educated
General Characteristics of a Brooklyn Center Community Schools Teacher:
- Collaborative with all stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with students and staff
- Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and other staff
- Focused on creating equitable classrooms and school
- Experience implementing culturally responsive instruction
- Evidence of data-driven instructional decision making
- Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with families
- Ability to differentiate for all learners
- Professional and collegial
Pay and Benefits: Competitive Pay and Benefits based on the contract
Qualifications: MN Teaching licensure, Elementary Teaching
Why Choose BCCS?
Health Insurance with Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA/VEBA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
Group Life and AD&D Insurance
Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Full-service community school
Vital Worklife: Supportive counseling and coaching
Staff Wellness Opportunities: Annual benefits fair, wellness challenges and campaigns, free yoga and personal trainer sessions
- NeoPath Health Clinic: Onsite medical care to help you improve your overall health and wellness. The clinic offers all of the primary care services you would expect from a family physician/general practitioner.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.