Salary/Hourly Rate: $17.33 – $21.75 depending on qualifications
Locations: Alice Smith Elementary, Eisenhower Elementary, Gatewood Elementary, Glen Lake Elementary, Meadowbrook Elementary, Tanglen Elementary
Assists with implementing Kids & Company program and supports out-of-school time programming at the site level.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Understands and implements Kids & Company/OST program philosophy, policies and procedures in alignment with Hopkins Public Schools and quality assessment tools.
- Assists in planning culturally sensitive, developmentally appropriate activities using Hopkins Public Schools Academic and Self-Development Skills along with other quality assessment tools.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, healthy environment for the school community by following district and quality assessment tool guidelines for health and safety.
- Demonstrates and teaches appropriate social skills to youth through planned curriculum, role modeling and positive reinforcement.
- Supports program participants with special needs.
- Actively participates and supervises youth in their activities.
- Promotes a positive image of the program by maintaining open and positive communication between out-of-school-time staff, school personnel, families and the community.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of the District by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- One (1) year of paid experience working with children.
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- Driver’s license.
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- District policies and procedures.
- Methods and techniques to assist students with educational and recreational programs.
- Local community resources, regional community services programs, and regional training programs.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Maintaining composure and working effectively under classroom conditions.
- Exercising good judgment in all situations.
- Operating a personal computer using standard and specialized software.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Commitment to the District mission, which is to ensure high quality, innovative, challenging education where all learners are valued and respected.
- Performing assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with the District’s established Core Values.
- Advancing the District’s mission and values through careful attention to the key issues of Learning, Environment, and Resources.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a classroom setting, use standard equipment and stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a classroom setting.
Travel required to locations throughout the District.