POSITIONS AT FARMINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND THE TIGER LEGACY AND LEARNING CENTER
Summer program June 12 to August 18, 2023.
5 hours days, 5 days/week, specific schedule dependent on student attendance
Hours will be based on the attendance of child.
Kid Connection 1:1 Special Needs Instructor.
$16.86 per hour
Provides direct activity leadership for children with special needs in the Kid connection summer program.
Understands and implements Kid Connection program philosophy, policies and procedures in alignment with Farmington Public Schools, school age quality standards and current accreditation guidelines.
Promotes a team concept through participation in regular site staff meetings, IEP meetings, coaching and positive role modeling.
Monitor students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment
Will maintain a safe and healthy environment for self, other adults, and children following program health and safety procedures, including Covid-19 guidance and recommendations from the CDC, MDH, MDE and MCEA
- Teaches and role models frequent hand washing
- Follows rotating daily schedule to ensure minimal interaction with others in the building
- Guides strict sanitizing and cleaning of classroom and school materials and environments
- B.S degree in education or related field or equivalent of education and experience and 3 months of related work experience (Preferred)
- AA or two years of college and 1 year of direct experience with children (Required)
- General knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in the teaching of special education population
- Ability to work effectively with young children.
If you are interested in the above listed position, please apply online within five (5) working days of this posting.