Physical Education Teacher (Grades K-5) with additional coaching opportunites in track, cross country and volleyball available.
Under the general supervision of the Elementary School Principal, to develop students’ physical skills and abilities, strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop students’ understanding of the importance of exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, hygiene, and good health.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current physical education instructional methods, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding education and students, as well as relating to health education.
- Knowledge of physiology, health and nutrition, biology and biological functions, anatomy, hygiene, exercise, and best ways to promote physical and mental well-being.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical Education License
Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience