Under the general supervision of the Elementary School Principal, to develop students’ understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Ability to instruct students in singing, harmonization, and chorus as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience in music for the appropriate grade level preferred.