.5 FTE – 2023-2024 school year
Under the direction of the Building Principal and Director of Special Education, the Licensed Teacher develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students . This qualified person will provide a positive and productive educational atmosphere in a homebound setting for students who qualify due to medical condition or other qualifying event.
We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills, a strong repertoire with positive behavioral strategies, and enjoys working with students.
- Teaching certified by the State of Minnesota in the appropriate area. Prefer special education, school counselor, school social worker or K-6 elementary ed.
- Knowledge of computer operations is required.
- A valid MN Driver’s License with available transportation, good driving record.
- Ability to work with students who may suffer from acute or catastrophic illness or injury.
- Ability to provide learning experiences in a variety of settings.
- Knowledge of child development.
- Knowledge of current educational research.
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching methods to address student learning styles
- Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents, and others.
- Ability to implement instructional activities for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, parents, administrators and others. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Serve as liaison between the school and the home for the delivery of instructional services to students who qualify for homebound services in general or special education
- Creates a positive learning experience with emphasis in individualized instruction using appropriate sources including i-pads.
- Serves as primary contact for the parent.
- Complies with School Board policies and all state/federal rules and regulations.
- Completes all district and state reporting requirements.
See attached job description for full job details.
Internal Candidates: open until filled
Applicants please apply online.