The homebound teacher will provide five (5) hours of direct service to a special education student in an off campus setting and/or virtually. The homebound teacher will work in consultation with the student’s special education case manager and classroom teachers.
– Supports the student’s academic coursework and implements the student’s IEP.
– Encourages parental involvement in the student’s education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
– Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
– Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
– Travels to school for meetings with case manager as needed. Travels to off site setting to provide homebound service.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
– Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
– Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
– Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
– Ability to organize and coordinate work.
– Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
– Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Certification/License: MN Teaching License in Special Education Preferred
– Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to provide own transportation.
– Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Application materials required for consideration (external application only):
1. Completed online application
2. Resume and cover letter, free of grammatical and spelling errors
3. Three (3) current letters of recommendation (within the last year)
4. Unofficial Transcripts
5. MN or Current Teaching License (as applicable)
Salary and Benefits:
Please see the Sartell Education Association agreement for salary and benefit information.
Posting Closes: internally 3/20/23, externally open until filled
Final job offer is contingent upon a criminal background check and board approval.