Shakopee Public Schools is searching for Teachers to further their positive impact on students by helping facilitate credit recovery learning with students. This will be achieved through the design and delivery of online-based instruction that ensures the success of a diverse population of learners. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships and working collaboratively with students, parents, and staff members to foster a positive experience for the entire learning community.
Desired License Areas:
Science, Social Studies, English, Math, SPED
Compensation: $32/hour per teacher contract for licensed teachers
Provide instruction and support to students who are in need of credit recovery.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
3:15 PM – 4:45 PM
Quarter 2 Session: Nov 8 – Jan 26
Quarter 3 Session: Feb 7 – Mar 30
Quarter 4 Session: Apr 18 – June 8
- Minnesota Teaching License required.
- Understanding of working with at risk and/or struggling learners
- A commitment to student success
- Ability to form relationships with students and families in a short period of time
- Belief system (demonstrated in words and actions) that all students can learn and be successful
- Great team player
- Strong communication skills
- Accountability and reliability
You must be a permanent employee of the district to use the internal application. Substitutes are not considered internal applicants and must complete the full external application.
Apply online at http://www.shakopee.k12.mn.us/ under posting number 5468
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.