1 day a week – 1 hour per day
- High student achievement
- Instructional Technology- Technology levy has increased the number of computers and other technology available for use in the classroom.
- Alternate Compensation- This program provides teachers with additional professional development opportunities through peer coaches, courses and study groups.
- Competitive salary and benefits- Our benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance; long term disability and employee assistance program.
- Professional support and development- First year teachers are provided a mentor and on-going professional development opportunities.
- Good People- We strive to hire good people that work well together and have fun doing it.
Candidates selected to fill the role of High School After School Independent Study/Credit Recovery Teacher. This will be achieved through the design and delivery of online-based instruction that ensures the success of a diverse population of learners. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships and working collaboratively with students, parents, and staff members to foster a positive experience for the entire learning community.
- Must have a valid MN License in one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Science, English, Social Studies or Teacher/Coordinator Work Based Learning.
- Ideal candidates should have experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated strategies that support diverse learners.
- Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Must have the ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Must be proficient with current technology used to support communication, academics, and student progress monitoring.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with students who are behind in credits towards graduation, exceptional skills in curriculum, interpersonal relationships and teaching pedagogy.
- Alternative program and Edgenuity (online curriculum) experience preferred.
- Teaching assignment is after school from 3:30 – 4:30 on Monday, Tuesday and/or Thursday.
- Apply online at www.wayzataschools.org/apply
- Internal Applicants must complete the internal application located on the website under application process.
- This position is open and active as of 9/1/22, until filled.