WORK CALENDAR: 183 duty days per year.
Click link below to review the 2022-2023 Health Office Nurse Work Calendar
SALARY: Minimum hourly rate of pay based on licensure with the Minnesota Board of Nursing – $25.00 (LPN); $30.00 (RN)
Click link below to review the 2022-2024 Non-Schedule Bargaining Unit Agreement containing salary schedule.
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4976 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4321 or email email@example.com.
• Assist LSN with organization and maintenance of student/school health records and data.
• Provide daily medical care for students in accordance with District Policy and Procedures and in compliance with student health plans. Administers medications and specialized treatments as needed and in compliance with Nurse Practice Act.
• Provide information and support for school staff to ensure effective health office services for students as directed by LSN.
• Provide effective organization and service of school health office.
• Performs other duties within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by Student Services administrator and Licensed School Nurses.
• Minimum requirement – Current Minnesota Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license or Registered Nurse (RN).
• CPR and first aid certificate required
• Computer skills in data entry and data management required
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
• Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
• Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
• Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
• Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
• Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
• Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
• Has a proven track record of success.
• Works with great integrity.
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: To learn more about Rochester Public Schools, visit www.rochesterschools.org.